In November, the National Assembly changeа the rules for issuing and receiving personal ID documents.
As of 12th of November 2019:
- we will be able to submit a request for temporary certificates for leaving Republic of Bulgaria with the RDMI/Sofia Interior Directorate (SID) or Directorate Bulgarian Identity Documents to MI (DBID-MI)
New shorter service deadlines:
- The deadlines within which the diplomatic mission or consular mission of the Republic of Bulgaria abroad should notify Bulgarian citizens of inconsistencies in the data in the application for an ID card (from 7 to 2 working days) are shortened.
- The deadlines for elimination of deficiencies are changed from one month to 7 working days in general and from three months to 20 working days, in the absence of technical ability to capture digital devices of the signature and the applicant’s face.
- The deadline for issuance of a passport from the diplomatic and consular missions of the Republic of Bulgaria abroad has been reduced from 60 days to 30 days.
Receipt of a personalized ID
We will be able to personally receive a personalized ID or a refusal for issuance of one by a licensed postal or courier service provider.
The receipt is thus made after an explicit application submitted with the application for the issuance of an identity document.
The cost of receiving it through the respective diplomatic or consular mission of the Republic of Bulgaria abroad shall be paid by the applicant to the respective licensed postal or courier service provider.
Identity and residence documents issued to foreigners residing in the Republic of Bulgaria
The requests for temporary certificates for leaving of Republic of Bulgaria shall be submitted with the RDMI/Sofia Interior Directorate (SID) or Directorate Bulgarian Identity Documents to MI (DBID-MI).
From October 1, 2020:
if we are Bulgarian nationals residing abroad, we will be able to submit an electronic application without the need for a qualified electronic signature for issuance of:
- ID card
- damaged driving license
- destroyed driving license
- lost driving license;
- stolen driving license