The Ordinance on the long-term secondments abroad of the Council of Ministers from 2000 (the “Ordinance”) is amended since 31.07.2020 as follows:
The travel expenses:
- The travel expenses will be borne by the sending administration in case of change of destination during the long-term secondment.
- If the host country, international organization or international initiative provides the secondees with secondment money, the total amount of the secondment money will be reduced by the amount of the provided funds.
- If the host country, international organization or international initiative bears part or all of the travel expenses of the secondees, the amount of the funds for travel expenses will be reduced by the amount of the funds provided.
The renting of an accommodation in the host country:
- The amount of the maximum allowable rent when renting of an unfurnished accommodation will be determined according to a special annex to the Ordinance.
- The secondee will be paid once for the duration of the long-term secondment funds in the amount of twice the amount of the secondment money for 30 calendar days for the host country.
- If the host country, international organization or international initiative bears part or all of the funds for renting of an accommodation and/or furnishing the secondees, the amount of the rent will be reduced by the amount of the provided funds.
An act of the Minister of Defense will determine:
- the order and the manner of payment, reporting and control of the financial resources provided by the Ministry of Defense;
- the officials who shall appoint members of a special commission, approve agreements and/or authorize payments.
Effect of the amendments with regard to the cases of seconded military and civil servants as of 31.07.2020:
- If the term of the secondment expires by 31.12.2020, these individuals will be able to receive funds in the amount of 50 % of the amount of funds for renting of unfurnished accommodation, and if the term of the secondment expires after 31.12.2020 – they will be able to receive the full amount of the funds.
In both cases the funds will be paid if the individuals within one month from the issuance of the act to the Minister of Defense present to the commission the documents required by the act.