As law firm we are part not only of the business and law communities. We are also part of larger one – the public community. As such we feel the need to contribute to the well-being of our society. Thus Ilieva Voutcheva & Co takes active part in several public and green initiatives.
Our Pro Bono policy
Previously, we have provided pro bono work on a case by case principal. As of 2018 we have decided to put in writing the principles for providing pro bono work for those who are in need of legal support but may not have the means to obtain it, or pro bono work which allows better compliance with the rule of law, and it helps our society to prosper from the law. We regard the support for pro bono activity as a core value of our team. The Law Firm believes that lawyers have a duty to devote time to serve their society in positive ways.
For 2019 we have decided to focus on young professionals, artist and entrepreneurs.
If you need legal input into your rights as an artist, or you want to start a business, or you are at the start of your professional carеer we may be of help to provide you with a pro bono advice.
During 2010 the ‘Manager’ magazine created a circle in which Bulgarian companies that are empathetic to the green ideas and politics, responsible for the nature and preservation of the environment took part. The values of this Green Circle have been developed before the business forum ‘The green exit from the crisis: Pure nature for new economical growth’.
We believe that our participation in this initiative will contribute to the sustainable development of Bulgaria and reflects our desire to be a part of this development. Each of the joined to the Green Circle companies undertakes particular engagements for its activity. The specific engagements, undertaken and transformed into practice for us, are:
- Multiple use of printer’s toners as we refill them again and again instead of throwing them away
- Decreasing the use of paper – recycling; all promotional materials of the Law Firm are printed on recycled paper; we always use both sides of paper sheets and don’t print documents unnecessarily; we introduce the usage of electronic invoices entirely;
- Tree planting – during the spring of 2011, of a number at least equal to the number of our employees, somewhere in Sofia, to ennoble the city environment;
- We serve a number of clients who are active in establishment and development of wind and photosolar parks, thus contributing to the development and popularization of ecological electrical energy;
- A big part of the team of the Law Firm walk its way to the office and as far as it is possible do not use the service of the community transport or their private vehicles;
- On our new internet site we popularize as this initiative, as well as natural and ecological lifestyle;
- Power saving – we use energy saving bulbs and all household appliances are of the highest power-saving class; we turn off our computers when we do not work on them; we use our air conditioners optimally and clean them regularly in order to save energy; we do not leave lights or appliances on when we are not using them;
- We use textile bags when shopping.
As from 2010 Ilieva, Voutcheva & Co Law Firm has become a contributor of Club 50+, an internet site, focused at people in adulthood or over 50. We give free legal consults and articles which are published on this site. We do it with pleasure because we realized that we, as well as the creators of Club 50+, believe in ‘the strength of human spirit, the right of every human of dignity and security, physical and mental well-being and of freedom. We know that at every age life is a reflection of our dreams.
We may live under impossible circumstances, not to have a job at the moment, money or partner but we all have our inner world and are masters of what happens in it. We are responsible for what we are and our ambition towards inner harmony gives us courage, hope, enthusiasm and faith.’
We believe that with our articles we help create a better life and also share information which enriches the life of people who have passed middle age and still are important for the sustanable development of our society.
More information about our public activities you may find on the respective internet sites of the initiatives.