Today the National Assembly urgently voted at first and second reading the submitted on 22.12.2021 Bill for amendments in the Value Added Tax Act.
The Bill aims to introduce a change to the current time limit for applying the reduced VAT rate of 9%.
The amendment provides for the reduced rate to apply in 2022 for the supply of:
- Books in physical media or carried out electronically or both (including textbooks, reference books and teaching kits, illustrated children’s books , drawing or colouring books, printed or handwritten music), other than publications wholly or mainly intended for advertising, and other than publications wholly or mainly composed of video content or audio-musical content;
- Restaurant and catering services consisting in the supply of prepared or unprepared food, including the supply of takeaway food; this shall not apply to restaurant and catering services consisting in the supply of alcoholic beverages, including in the case of Article 128;
- Foods suitable for infants or young children in accordance with Annex 4;
- Baby nappies and similar baby hygiene articles referred to in Annex No 4;
- The supply of a general tourist service in the cases referred to in Article 136, as well as excursions organised by tour operators and travel agents with occasional coach transport of passengers;
- Supply of a service for the use of sports facilities.