The Council of Ministers has adopted new rules on financial assistance for dealing with the effects of COVID-19. The new rules enter into force as of January 1, 2021.
Employers who have declared a reduction in sales revenue, for е entities established after 1 December 2019, by not be less than 20 per cent during the month preceding the month of submission of the application for payment of funds, compared to the average income for 2020. Also, it applies to the municipal activities, which opened after December 1, 2019.
The funds for financial assistance will be at the expense of the budget of the National Social Security Institute and will be transferred to the respective employer by back transfer. They are paid after receiving a positive decision from the European Commission on the compatibility of the aid with the internal market.
For cases of full working day (8 hours), agreed in the main employment contract, the compensation will be 75 per cent of the monthly insurance income for October 2020. In cases of part-time, the amount of compensation is determined in proportion to the agreed working time in the employment contract.
The insurance income for October 2020 is determined:
- for the persons who have worked days-the average daily insurance income is multiplied by the number of working days for October;
- for the persons, who during the whole month have used leave due to temporary incapacity for work, for pregnancy and childbirth or in case of adoption of a child up to 5 years of age-average daily amount of the income for which the benefit is determined is multiplied by the number of working days for October;
- for the persons, who during the whole month have used leave for raising a child up to 2 years of age-the minimum monthly salary for the country;
- for the persons who have used leave for temporary incapacity for work, for pregnancy and childbirth, in case of adoption of a child up to 5 years of age o raising a child up to 2 years of age- the average daily insurance income, is multiplied by the respective number of working days;
- For persons, who during the whole month have been on unpaid leave or are not insured under Art. 4, para. 1, i. 1 of the Social Insurance Code for this employer- the minimum monthly salary for the country.”
The amount of the compensation to each employee is calculated as the insurance income is divided by the number of the working days in the month for which the funds are paid and is multiplied by the number of working days for which the compensations are paid.