The increasing popularity of sports as well as the growing influence of the Internet and mass media communications turned this sector into a global industry with immense influence. We at Ilieva, Voutcheva & Co. Law Firm are ready to provide legal and commercial advice within the sport practice area.
The diverse legal issues that arise from this industry include:
- drafting of employment and service agreements
- transfers of athletes, contract negotiation and litigation
- governance and regulatory advice.
The members of our team have a thorough knowledge in this sector and can counsel on problems or future development. Our attorneys are recognized specialists in:
- Media and marketing rights
- Sports governance
- Advertising agreements for sport events
- Sponsorship agreements for clubs and individuals
- Drafting of rules, regulations and agreements
- Dispute resolution (including litigation, mediation and expert determination)
- Intellectual property and copyright protection
- Data protection
- Work permits, sponsorship agreements, etc.
The modern sports industry is characterised with the high mobility of the athletes on an international level. This circumstance, together with the high remuneration, create a large number of challenges in relation with taxation. In respect to such issues, our Tax Department provides advice on double tax treaties, VAT and corporate tax as well as representation before the National Revenue Agency and the respective courts in litigation cases.
Thanks to our membership in Globalaw our clients may rely on our close relations with law firms in Central and Eastern Europe as well as on our contacts in over 80 countries worldwide.