The uninterrupted flow of information is a defining feature of today’s data economy. The ability to transfer customer data, employee files, financial records, and other information around the globe quickly and cheaply has opened up a world of opportunity for many businesses. It also presents a new world of risks.
Managing risk and adopting sound privacy and security standards
The potential for misuse of sensitive personal information has triggered legislative and regulatory action worldwide. Privacy laws are in a constant state of flux; they vary by jurisdiction and are interpreted unpredictably. Even the most well-intentioned, conscientious employees make mistakes when capturing, using, transferring or disclosing personal information. The same applies to cybersecurity, which is becoming increasingly complex. The consequences for such mistakes are punishable by law through heavy fines, injunctions, government audits, even criminal liability.
Our team is there to guide its clients through the relevant data protection legislation. We provide integrated, creative and practical advice on the privacy-related concerns faced by our clients.
Specific data privacy and cybersecurity services we provide for our clients include:
- Cross-border data transfer (both intra-group and with third parties)
- Binding Corporate Rules (BCR)
- Privacy and cybersecurity policies
- Privacy audits
- Data security breach preparedness and response
- Privacy-related claims and disputes
- Privacy statements for online activities
- Employee privacy
- Financial privacy
- Healthcare privacy
- Marketing policies
- Data processing and data transfer agreements
- Due diligence and warranty negotiation for M&A