Ilieva, Voutcheva & Co. Law Firm’s attorneys and consultants have always distinguished themselves with modernity, interest in the development of modern technologies as part of the global economic trends. The team concentrates on the set up, protection and management of rights over computer hardware and software as an inevitable part of our development.
We acknowledge the significance of the IT sector on the Bulgarian m arketas well as the need for legal expertise in the field.
Our goal is to develop this practice area in the next few years so that we may provide in-depth legal advice on all matters arising and related to computer hardware and software.
Throughout our participation in Globalaw our clients may rely on our connection with law firms in Central and Eastern Europe as well as in over 80 countries worldwide. This provides our team with the best support in jurisdictions like the USA, Canada, Western Europe and Asia, known as the major markets for computer hardware and software and as the major markets for Bulgarian IT companies’ export of services and products.
Ilieva, Voutcheva & Co. Law Firm advises on:
- registration and usage of patents, copyrights, and trade secret agreements to protect software applications involving networking software, system and application software, user interfaces, etc.
- registration of industrial designs for interface, software and hardware, multimedia software, etc.
- license agreements for computer programs (software)
- sale of hardware
- advice on completion and antitrust issues
- copyright over computer software and databases developed under an employment contract
- variety of software development, distribution, testing and sale agreements
Intellectual property and its protection are essential for the practice area. Therefore our
IP team advises on:
- all IP matters regarding the filling of applications for trademark, industrial designs and patents before the national and international authorities
- software registration nationally and internationally
- advice in disputes with third parties over a large number of IP issues
The Tax Department provides advice on double tax treaties, VAT and corporate tax as well as representation before the National Revenue Agency and the respective courts in litigation cases.