Ilieva, Voutcheva & Co. Law Firm has substantial knowledge and experience in advising publishers, authors and distributors in relation to publishing matters, both in terms of digital media and print. Part of the legal matters we are able to help our clients are:
- pre-publication rights clearance
- the drafting and negotiating of commercial contracts
- providing advice in relation to both commercial and intellectual property disputes.
We have 10 + years experience in advising Executives of magazines, newspapers, etc.
Authors should be aware of the way their honorarium and their income from creative work are regulated, both during their lifetime and after their death. Our vast knowledge and experience makes us experts in the area. We advise on:
- publishing agreements
- legal issues facing authors from the creation of their works onwards
- practical advice on what to look out for in publishing contracts
- how to avoid expensive law suits
- protection and preservation of copyrights and other intellectual property assets, whether on a relationship-breakdown or afterwards
- acquisition, M&A deals of print media – newspapers, magazines, etc.
- legal due-diligence of magazines and newspapers
Ilieva, Voutcheva & Co. Law Firm is not limited to advising authors, we are also able to advise private individuals on the many complex legal issues relating to their arts and heritage property.
The Law Firm advises on all IP matters regarding the filling of applications for trade mark and patents before the national and international authorities. Our IP team provides extensive legal advice on the successful protection of copyrights on authors and publishers. We negotiate and provide advice in disputes with third parties over a large number of IP issues.
The Tax Department provides specific legal advice on incomes from publishing related activities, including but not limited to application of double tax treaties, individual and corporate tax as well as representation before the National Revenue Agency and the respective courts in litigation cases.
Throughout our participation in Globalaw our clients may rely on our connection with law firms in Central and Eastern Europe as well as in over 80 countries worldwide.